Monday, January 16, 2012

Is 2012 God's Year for Boston?

Ralph_Kee
Rev. Ralph Kee
Emmanuel Gospel Center
Greater Boston Church
Planting Collaborative
Fifteen Cambridge churches joined together in praising God on New Year’s Day 2012. About 800 people attended, standing, if necessary, around the edges of the main floor and balcony, even jamming the foyer. I could hardly contain my emotions: in today’s service, I saw with my own eye what I have been praying and working toward, for forty years.

In my mind my wife Joanne possibly gave her life for Cambridge. In 1982, a tiny church remnant invited us to begin a new church. Even though church planting there would put further stress on her while fighting ovarian cancer, my wife said, 'Ralph, we need to accept the invitation. Cambridge desperately needs a gospel ministry and gospel preaching churches.' Joanne died in 1984.

2012 is here. I believe I am witnessing God’s moment for Boston. One by one, and then in unity, God’s people are believing and siezing this moment. Let us pray that twelve months from now we will be astounded by what He has done in this needy metropolis. A year from today I want to praise God that 2012 the Gospel has been spread more than any other year in our lifetimes.

By Ralph Kee, Greater Boston Church Planting Collaborative

No comments:

Post a Comment